Here are the step that I did to get Warcraft III Frozen Throne working in Ubuntu Karmic 32bit through Wine with support for both battle.net and sound. I am doing this on a fresh install of Ubuntu Karmic (with no updates installed).
- Install Wine 1.1.38 for Jaunty (because no debs exists for Karmic)
- Install Warcraft III
- Install The Frozen Throne
- Insert the cd (or mount the disk image in my case)
- Right-click the install.exe file and select "Open with Wine Windows Program Loader"
- Install the Warcraft III (The Frozen Throne) Full 1.24d patch by right-clicking the patch that you download and select "Open with Wine Windows Program Loader"